Why should I store my documents digitally ?
When you scan your documents, you eliminate the need for physical paper storage, which means no more file cabinets, file folders, filing processes, or the associated staff to manage it all. Scanning also allows you to reclaim valuable office space. Paper requires a lot of physical storage, mainly in file cabinets.
Why do organizations scan ?
The key reason that organizations scan their documents is to improve their find-ability. When you put business documents in a file cabinet, warehouse, or off-site storage, they are forgotten or lost. Scanning makes it easier for employees to quickly locate and access documents instead of wasting time searching for or recreating the ones that go missing.
Why outsource scanning when I can buy a scanner and do it myself?
If you have a small amount of documents you could certainly do it on your own with a desktop scanner. But, if you have a large volume of documents (hundreds to thousands), it’s best to outsource your scanning project to document scanning specialists like Docufree. We use state-of-the-art high speed scanners to produce outstanding images and our certified scanning specialists perform quality checks at every step. This allows us to turn your scanning project around quickly and accurately. If you did it yourself, you’d have to deal with the hassles of purchasing and maintaining the equipment, training your staff, and managing the entire process to make sure your project stays on course and within budget. In the end, outsourcing is generally far less costly and of better quality than bringing it in-house and doing it yourself.
Which are the application areas for use of smart cards?
Following are the areas where the use of smart cards in application is used:
- Electronic Purse to replace coins for small purchases in vending machines and over-the-counter transactions.
- Credit and/or Debit Accounts, replicating what is currently on the magnetic stripe bank card, but in a more secure environment.
- Securing payment across the Internet as part of Electronic Commerce.
- The secure initiation of calls and identification of caller (for billing purposes) on any Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) phone.
- Subscriber activation of programming on Pay-TV.
- Electronic Benefits Transfer using smart cards to carry Food Stamp and WIC food benefits in lieu of paper coupons and vouchers.
- Agricultural producer smart marketing card to track quotas.
Employee access card with secured passwords and the potential to employ biometrics to protect access to computer systems.
Employee access card with secured ID and the potential to employ biometrics to protect physical access to facilities.
- Drivers Licenses.
- Mass Transit Fare Collection Systems.
- Electronic Toll Collection Systems. Retail and Loyalty
- Consumer reward/redemption tracking on a smart loyalty card, that is marketed to specific consumer profiles and linked to one or more specific retailers serving that profile set.
Retail and Loyalty
Consumer reward/redemption tracking on a smart loyalty card, that is marketed to specific consumer profiles and linked to one or more specific retailers serving that profile set.
Consumer health card containing insurance eligibility and emergency medical data.
All-purpose student ID card, containing a variety of applications such as electronic purse (for vending and laundry machines), library card, and meal card.
What are the Advantages of Scanning?
Below are the advantages of scanning:
- Ability to use very high-density storage media
- Shorter retrieval time than hard copy when the images are well indexed
- Multiple users and access levels are possible
- Ease of information dissemination.
- Ease of use of imaged copies of records in vital records and disaster recovery plans
- Legal uses. Organizations that need to retrieve information efficiently during discovery and litigation may find that using imaged records can assist in the effort.
- Ease of making copies of the imaged records
- Digital images don’t lose quality from generation to generation.Well made copies and
derivatives can be as good as the original images.
What is Digitization?
- Records and paper documents no longer remains just data, but it is converted into useful information thanks to Document Digitization.
- Digitization offers the perfect solution for enhancing your productivity
- ensures the perpetual preservation of your physical documents.
Why should your organization consider using smart cards?
- A rule of thumb useful to organizations considering the incorporation of smart card technology into their operations states the following:IF
- A portable record of one or more applications is necessary or desirable.
- The records are likely to require updating over time.
- The records will interface with more than one automated system.
- Security and confidentiality of the records are important.
The smart card is a feasible automation solution for making data processing and data transfer more efficient and secure.
What is Indexing of Scanned Documents ?
- Once the scanning of documents is complete, they usually need to be indexed. The exact document scanning/indexing requirements will depend mainly on your needs. In general we find that is is not necessary to spend thousands of pounds on an amazing document management system, of which 99.9% of the functionality you will not use or need. Generally, a simple index, using the index fields as the filename is more than sufficient, for example; 38489_Scanning and Data Solutions.pdf, where 38489 may be a contract number and Scanning and Data Solutions the client. The fields that need to be indexed will be discussed so that we can create a full specification for your scanning job.
- Some clients may already have a Document Management System or database that they wish to get scanned documents into or linked to. We can also provide scan data and index data in numerous formats, for example; Comma Separated (.CSV), MS Excel, Ms Access, Text.
Which are the potential segments for the Smart Card usages?
Potential Segments for the smart card usages are as follows:
- R.C. Book / Driving Licence
- Loyalty retailing
- Medical – Health cards
- Identification – Employee ID, Departmental ID, National ID
- Supply chain and ware-housing management.
- Corporate food coupons
- T-commerce, M-commerce, Net banking
- Banking – Debit cards, e-purse.
- Prepaid cards in – Power distribution, Telephone and mobile etc.
What is the need of smart cards in e-governance projects ?
We can use smart cards as an indispensable tool for authentication and authorization of citizens to avail benefits for various government subsidized schemes like:
- Network availability is a big issue in remote places therefore the smart card provides secured identification in an offline mode.
- Smart Cards cannot be cloned.
- Smart Cards can also be used to carry biometric templates for 1 to 1 authentication in an offline mode.
- Smart cards also act as identity card to carry visual identification information about the person.
What are the advantages of Smart Card Technology?
Following are the advantages of Smart Card technology:
- The capacity provided by the on-board microprocessor and data capacity for highly secure, off-line processing.
- Adherence to international standards, ensuring multiple vendor sources and competitive prices.
- Established track record in real world applications.
- Durability and long expected life span (guaranteed by vendor for up to 10,000 read/writes before failure).
- Chip Operating Systems that support multiple applications and secure independent data storage on one single card.
How much does a website cost? How long does it take to build a new website?
Cost and timeframe depends on the size and scope of the project. In saying this, there is a process to follow when developing a new website to ensure a successful website from discovery to launch. We establish milestones for every web project and ensure that we hit the goals at each stage before moving to the next. We like to think of this as building a platform to success.
The following list outlines the milestones involved when developing a new website. There is a variance in time associated with each milestone depending on the requirements of each project however, this will provide a guide as to what you could expect when developing a new website.
1. Discovery and Planning (1 to 10 Weeks) – This is one of the most crucial stages of the project as it is the foundation for the success of the project is determined. Areas covered at this stage may include research, discovery sessions, writing of creative brief, writing of a technical briefs or more detailed architecture, requirements and definitions documents, site architecture, wireframes and sitemap creation.
2. Design(2 to 5 weeks) – Based on the creative brief and information gathered in the discovery stage the project will then move to the design stage. It is at this stage that design mock ups are created and presented for feedback to establish a design that meets the goals of the new website. Design mockups may include homepage designs, multiple internal page designs, desktop views and mobile views.
3. Development and Programming (5 to 10 weeks) – Using the approved design, site architecture, technical brief and sitemap the project then moves to the development stage. This is where the website comes to life and all the elements of the site come together to produce a high quality website. There is little client involvement at this stage of the project, however a good portion of the timeline will be required for this stage.
4. Testing and Review (2 to 5 weeks) – Once the site has been developed it then goes to a testing stage. The opportunity is given to the client to share the site with the necessary stakeholders for review and feedback in a password-protected location. Testing is also conducted during this stage to ensure the site is optimized across multiple browsers, screens and mobile devices and ensure and ensure the site is performing as it should prior to launch.
5. Site Launch/ Live Website (Within 1 week) – Upon the approval from beta stage the new website is then launched with no interruption to the current site. The launch process can be simple and quick, or can be more involved depending on what is involved.
6. Maintenance and Enhancements (Ongoing) – Once a site has gone live, there is always room for ongoing improvements and updates.
Scope and parameters will change depending on your requirements and goals. Our team has developed and launched websites within 2 weeks.
What is the difference between Windows Hosting and Linux hosting? Which one is recommended?
Windows Hosting has a Plesk panel whereas Linux has Cpanel. Website developed in asp.net is recommended for Windows hosting whereas website developed in Php, Html or WordPress is recommended to use Linux Hosting.
Linux have more features that web designers expect, unless you have website which specifically needs to have Windows Application, Linux is the preferred choice. Linux is often thought of as the best operating system for web servers.
Best Plans for Domain Registration, Hosting, Emails as well as SSL certificate is available @ http://shop.jkcsolutions.com/.
Deluxe and Ultimate Hosting Plan Provides unlimited space and 500 Email Accounts. So per Email account has unlimited space?
No. Officially we give free Webmail per account 100MB space. But if you take Linux hosting you get free feature of mail and in that you can take unlimited space for Emails but the limitation you can store 2,50,000 files and per mail it becomes 1 file. In windows hosting you don’t get benefit of mails from Plesk panel, we get benefit from free webmail and in that we can create accounts as per the package.
Why should I choose J K Computers and not any other Computer Company?
- J K Computers is one of the IT firm to provide end-to-end Information Technology solutions and Services.
- We provide 200% service on your 100% demand.
- Solutions to all your IT problems is solved beyond your expectations.
- A year free service on any solution & product.
- Our solution is based on Return On Investment (ROI) to your company.
- Quality Assurance of product and services always provided.
- Advice from Technical Expertise.
What does IT Solutions exactly include?
JKC’s IT Solution includes anything and everything in IT. Our IT Solutions improve the performance of your business IT environment to support operational requirements. Our Solutions are customized, versatile, unique & customer centric designs which are affordable and reliable to your requirement. We provide you solution for Trunkey on Site Cabling, Setup for Computers & Printers, Communication Network, Virus Protection, easy Backup Solutions, Web Development , Domains Registration & Hosting, Cloud services, Data Recovery, Preventive Maintenance and for more details can see our Services and Solutions.
What kind of websites do you develop?
JKC develops all type of websites, applications and software all customized, versatile, unique, customer centric designs which are affordable and reliable to your requirement. We understand the need of yours and put all your imagination to your websites and application to make your work easier and faster. Web technology experts at JKC Solution understand the difference between corporate, e-commerce and custom web designs and thus create prospective website that are easy to use and which work to promote and brand your organization image. Software is designed in a manner to reduce manual work and increase your time so that it can be utilized in other work.
What kind of backup solution do you have in your premises?
JKC have multiple Backup Solutions based on On-Premise as well as on Cloud. Backup solutions in form of Hard Disk, Pendrives is becoming old-now-a-days since we have new IT Technology with more trusted and reliable Software Based Solutions that suits your Company. We customize your solutions based on your requirement and provide you with the best results.
How does your solution help our team?
Solutions are designed as per your requirement to fulfill your needs, increases the productivity, reduce daily risk and utilize your time in other work.
What is Preventive Maintenance that is provided in your AMC?
Preventive Maintenance provide you following services mentioned in our AMC:
- The care and servicing by personnel for the purpose of maintaining equipment in satisfactory operating condition by providing for systematic inspection, detection, and correction of incipient failures either before they occur or before they develop into major defects.
- Preventive maintenance tends to follow planned guidelines from time-to-time to prevent equipment and machinery breakdown
- The work carried out on equipment in order to avoid its breakdown or malfunction. It is a regular and routine action taken on equipment in order to prevent its breakdown.
- Maintenance included cleaning and after cleaning testing is performed specifically to prevent faults from occurring.
Are backups important?
Yes! The result of not having backups is like not having car insurance for your Ferrari and crashing it! When everything is running fine you don’t think about it but when something happens there is no going back. All of Core IT’s clients have backups running, these are taken on-site and then replicated off-site for another layer of protection. To give you an example; On-site backups are used to restore a deleted file and the off-site backups are used for a full server restore after a server failure (disaster recovery plan).
What type of Government projects have you done?
We have worked on government projects like Scanning and Digitizing of Documents & Smart Card Driving License. Building up the site and helping government to become digitize was one of the best honor given to JKC Solutions by government.